Cannabis has bred different types of efficacies over the past few decades. Various types are most appropriate for healing ailments and diseases, while others serve relaxation purposes to healthy people.
Cannabis, a flowering herb, has three subspecies: Indica, Ruderalis, and Sativa. Ruderalis strains are not consumed by patients due to lack of potency, little medicinal yield, and are non-appealing to consumers. This article, therefore, focuses on Indica vs Sativa strains.
Indica vs Sativa strains are different in appearance, such that Indica strains are stocky and short and have chunky and broad leaves buy here .
Sativa strains appear skinnier and taller than the Indica strains. They are lucky in appearance and have pointed and thin leaves.
The medical effects, productivity, and energy levels that the two strains have on patients also differ.
Indica varieties are better consumed in the evening or at night after the user has completed the day’s activities and work. They may give the patients a condition known as ‘couchlock,’ a situation where a patient can barely get up from the couch. They also provide ‘body high’ emotions to patients.
Sativa strains are cerebral and uplifting, enhancing productivity and creativity. They provide ‘mind high’ feelings to patients who consume them. They yield less medicine and take a longer time to grow compared to Indica strains. It is why Indica has dominated over the black market, where patients have no choice but to purchase it.
Purchase of these medicinal strains from the black market is discouraged to all patients due to lack of knowledge of the extract strain, whether the strain has been properly grown, dried, cured, and laboratory tested for potential contamination and purity.
- Super Silver Haze- It is known for its sense of calmness and creativity-inducing effects.
- Green Crack- It is a popular strain known for relief from depression and its energising effects.
- Sour Diesel- It is a cross between Super Skunk and Chemdawg, which helps in energising patients suffering from depression.
- Durban Poison– Its user’s popularity say that it is the most energising strain compared to the other Sativa strains.
- Lucid Blue– Is a crossbreed between Grateful Breath and Blue Dream, which is recommended to improve concentration and focus.
- Bubba Kush- Helps patients with insomnia, ‘couchlock’ properties and serves as a tranquilizer to some patients.
- Hindu Kush- It has a piney and sweet scent with floral and pine smoke. It is used to make the patient feel calm and relaxed.
- Acapulco Gold- It is noted for its high energising and euphoria-inducing effects. Users tend to use it to reduce stress, fatigue, nausea, and pain.
- Northern Lights- It is a sleep-inducing and relaxing strain. Its mood-lifting effects are known for relive in stress, pain, depression, and insomnia.
In conclusion, it is crucial to understand Indica vs Sativa strains to understand the difference in appearance, medical use, and various strains of each Cannabis subspecies.